by Stan Makson
Director/Chairman of Finance Committee, SLWLA
Beginning May 1, 2016, the Seven Lakes West Landowners Association [SLWLA] Board and CAS have decided to improve the dues payment method for Members who choose to pay annual dues on a monthly basis. This improvement utilizes the Alliance Association Bank Payment System (Alliance). SLW Members will no longer be using the previous CAS debit payment method. It is important to note that action for this new payment method must to be taken before the end of the month.
The reasons for the change are:
1. Improve Security and Control: By transacting directly with Alliance Association Bank versus via a third party (CAS), we eliminate a potential security risk regarding financial information.
2. Information: Alliance will email notifications to you regarding each payment, keeping you informed of the amounts, dates paid, etc. They maintain a Customer Service phone and electronic message capability to meet customer needs.
3. Customer Service: Alliance has a customer focus reputation and provides extended phone and online access.
4. Long-term solution: Alliance Bank is focused on providing services to Home Owner Associations (HOA’s) and their members and maintaining a leading role in providing ever improving services. Alliance is a premier provider of banking services to HOA’s.
Questions / Answers:
- Why make this change? Improved security, state-of-the-art electronic controls and transaction information for our Members with a bank that specializes in serving HOA’s. SLW Members can have their annual dues taken directly out of their bank accounts each month, for free. Since it is automatic, they won’t have to worry about remembering to make payments. Moreover, this option removes the CAS Management Company from these transactions, and reduces the higher fraud risk associated with other payment methods.
- Is this Alliance payment system for all members? Yes. SLWLA Members have only these payment options for their annual dues: (a) pay in full by check. (b) utilize the Alliance payment system.
- How does this benefit me? Better service, more transaction protection, and a long-term payment solution.
- How much will this cost me? Nothing; there is no charge when you use your checking account for the electronic payments.
- How does this help my Seven Lakes West Land Owners Association? Both the members and our association get a safer, more efficient means to pay and collect annual dues at no additional cost to Members.
- What is the timing for using this new Alliance payment system? The Alliance Payment system will take effect May 1, 2016.
- Who is Alliance Bank? Alliance Association Bank is a highly experienced, innovative banking resource dedicated to the growing HOA/community management industry. ALLIANCE is part of the Western Alliance Bancorporation (NYSE: WAL) ranked #10 on Forbes Magazine’s 2016 list of the Best Banks in America. Forbes looked at data on growth, credit quality and profitability for the 100 largest banks and thrifts and used a total of 10 metrics to rank America’s Best Banks. Link: http://www.westernalliancebancorporation.com/our-expertise/homeowners-associations
- What information do I need for completing the Alliance echeck payment application?
You will need your:
normal identification/contact information
your bank/checking account information
the Seven Lakes West CAS association number (262)
the CAS Management Company ID (937)
your lot number or account number
- How do I set up the Alliance Bank payment system? See “Quick start Instructions” below. For full instructions visit the SLWLA dues payment instructions on the home page of the SLW web site sevenlakeswest.org.
Quick Start Instructions
Creating Alliance Monthly Payment for Annual SLWLA Dues
1.Click on PAY YOUR DUES at http://www.casnc.com/
2.Click on PLEASE CLICK HERE TO PAY DUES FOR CAS MANAGED COMMUNITIES
3.Click on CREATE ACCOUNT, then enter your User Information in the Alliance system
4. After creating account, set up your recurring payment.
Information you will need: CAS ID = 937, SLWLA ID = 262
Your email address, a copy of your paper check, and a copy of your Annual dues statement (which includes your account and lot numbers).
We recommend using the complete SLWLA Payment Instructions.
- Where is the “start” page for setting up Alliance Association Bank payment? It is on the CAS webpage: http://www.casnc.com/pay-dues/. Click “Please click here to pay dues for CAS managed communities”. See SLWLA Dues payment Instructions link on the the SLW home page for full details.
- I don’t have an email address. How is Alliance going to notify me regarding each payment, keeping me informed of the amounts, dates paid, etc.? You will need to pay your annual fee in full by check. As with all online systems, the ALLIANCE payment system requires an email address for each user.
- If I’m having trouble making the this procedure work, is there an on-site person to help? As part of the Alliance changeover program, two Members have volunteered to provide assistance to any Member who is having trouble completing the monthly payment process. This assistance will be available on Thursday, May 5, from 9AM to 9PM at the SLWLA Community Center, utilizing the SLWLA Member computer.
- How do I pay my annual dues if I do not use the Alliance method? Pay in full by paper check using the tear-off coupon at the bottom of the annual statement and mail it to:
CAS, Inc. Processing Center
PO Box 94707
Las Vegas, NV 89193-4707
- How do I pay my other SLWLA fees (boat registration sticker, storage lot, mailbox, marina boat slip)? Continue to pay by check; no change.